To use HyperTerminal as a serial port monitor or dumb terminal
- Connect the system you are monitoring to the serial port.
- Open the HyperTerminal Software and create a new connection.
- Enter a name for your connection and click OK.
- Select your COM port under “connect using”.
- Click Configure, and make sure that the port settings match those required by the system you are connecting to. Click OK.
- Click OK again to connect. Once connected you should see the text as it is received by the serial port.
- If you need to capture non-text data as well you can do this by clicking Transfer, Capture Text, Start.