Restoring Windows Standard Telnet.exe as Default Application
Q – I would like to have the standard Windows 95 telnet (telnet.exe)
as the default telnet application. How can I restore this setting?
A – Here are the steps:
1. Double-click the My Computer icon on your desktop.
2. Click on the View Menu and select the Folder Options item.
3. Click the File Types tab and scroll down the list of file types to the URL: Telnet Protocol item.
4. Highlight this item and click the Edit button.
5. In the ‘Actions:’ box, highlight the word ‘open’ and click the Edit button.
6. In the “Editing action for type URL:Telnet Protocol” dialog box, clear the HyperTerminal path in the ‘Application used to perform action’ field.
7. Type in ‘rundll32.exe url.dll,TelnetProtocolHandler %l’ in this field.
8. Close these dialog boxes to save your settings.