How to create a Telnet or SSH connection in HyperTerminal
- Enter a name for your connection, click OK.
- Select Winsock or SSH under connect using.
- Enter the IP Address and port number of the system you are connecting to, click OK.
- Click File->Save once you are satisfied with the connection.
- Connection Refused or Host does not exist Ensure that the IP address/host name and port number are correct, and that there are no firewalls either on your computer or between your computer and the host system blocking your connection.
- Data appears in the wrong part of the screen Ensure that you are using the correct terminal emulator for the system you are connecting to. This can be changed by clicking File->Properties->Settings, and changing the emulation option.