HyperTerminal Private Edition 7.0 adds these valuable features.
- HyperTerminal is now compatible with Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and 8.1, and Windows 10.
- HyperTerminal can now use the SSH protocol to securely log in to a server or other computer over a TCP/IP network.
- Improved Zmodem compatibility for users of Dial-Up modems and Serial ports.
- A new feature which will allow HyperTerminal Private Edition to check for updates.
- A free 30 day trial is now available.
- Many other quality improvements.
In addition HyperTerminal Private Edition includes these features:
- Define key macros, save keystrokes, or adapt to host systems that require special keys or command sequences.
- Assign passwords, user ID’s and host commands to a single key.
- Select terminal screen size and colors to take advantage of host systems that let you adjust the number or rows and columns displayed.
- Set the program to automatically exit after you log out.
- Use pass-through printing to allow host systems to print directly to the users printer.
- Zmodem crash recovery.
- TCP/IP for accessing telnet sites on the Internet.
- Auto-redial busy telephone numbers.
- Conduct multiple simultaneous telnet sessions.
- Set HTPE as your default telnet client.
- Terminal Emulators:
- VT100, VT100J, VT52, VT220, and VT320
- HTPE 7.0 is compatible with:
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 10
- Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, and 2016
HyperTerminal Private Edition 6.4 is still available for people using Windows 95, 98, ME, or 2000.
If you need features not listed here, be sure to try HyperACCESS, our full-featured upgrade to HyperTerminal.