HyperTerminal Private Edition 7.0 adds these valuable features.
- HyperTerminal is now compatible with Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8 (except RT).
- HyperTerminal can now use the SSH protocol to securely log in to a server or other computer over a TCP/IP network.
- Improved Zmodem compatibility for users of Dial-Up modems and Serial ports.
- A new feature which will allow HyperTerminal Private Edition to check for updates.
- A free 30 day trial is now available.
- Many other quality improvements.
In addition HyperTerminal Private Edition includes these features:
- Define key macros, save keystrokes, or adapt to host systems that require special keys or command sequences.
- Assign passwords, user ID’s and host commands to a single key.
- Select terminal screen size and colors to take advantage of host systems that let you adjust the number or rows and columns displayed.
- Set the program to automatically exit after you log out.
- Use pass-through printing to allow host systems to print directly to the users printer.
- Zmodem crash recovery.
- TCP/IP for accessing telnet sites on the Internet.
- Auto-redial busy telephone numbers.
- Conduct multiple simultaneous telnet sessions.
- Set HTPE as your default telnet client.
- Terminal Emulators:
- VT100, VT100J, VT52, VT220, and VT320
- HTPE 7.0 is compatible with:
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
HyperTerminal Private Edition 6.4 is still available for people using Windows 95, 98, or ME.
If you need features not listed here, be sure to try HyperACCESS, our full-featured upgrade to HyperTerminal.